NEXT SLUTWALK RIVERSIDE: August 25th, 2012
BECAUSE WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH!
Come and join us as we march the streets of Riverside to make it known that those experience sexual assault are never the ones at fault.
On January 24th, 2011, a representative of the Toronto Police gave shocking insight into the Force’s view of sexual assault by stating: “women should avoid dressing like sluts in order not to be victimized”.
WE ARE COMING TOGETHER. As people from all genders and orientations, races, ages because it is never ANYONES fault to be sexually assaulted because what they are wearing, and no one is a slut! we are sick of being victim blamed, we are sick of being slut shamed, we are sick of slut bashing and we are standing up for every person that has been assaulted or even been called a slut!!
Bring friends, family, teachers, boyfriends/girlfriends, animals, signs, mega phones, your voices, guitars, video cameras.
OUR Guidelines to better help you understand this event
* SlutWalk is not about hate, and we do not use hateful language.
* SlutWalk aims to reclaim the word “slut” and use it in a positive,
empowering and respectful way.
* Refer to sexual assault, not solely rape.
* Do not frame sexual assault as something solely done by men to
* Women are most often the targets and men are most often the
perpetrators, but all genders are affected. SlutWalk recognizes all
gender expressions as those that have been and can be negatively
impacted. All genders can be sluts or allies.
* Some communities/people are at a higher risk of sexual assault than
others based on their status, work, ability, access, race, identity,
and a variety of other factors. We aim to recognize this and come
together, in all our diversity, as people who are all affected and unite as
sluts and allies.
* Use inclusive and respectful language when discussing the diversity of
people affected: men/women and all gender expressions, racialized
communities, people of different abilities, etc.
* SlutWalk is an impassioned and peaceful stance that aims to engage
others in dialogue.
Come As You Are
This is a FREE & ALL AGES event, we welcome people from all walks of life.
contact for more information?
e-mail : SlutwalkRiverside@Gmail.com